Our Recommendations for Brands Posting on Facebook.
There are a lot of ‘what you should’ and ‘what you shouldn’t’ post on Facebook, Twitter or really any Social Media site.
In all actuality, while there are some very distinct do’s and dont’s we have put together a short list for you to know where to start and good tips on how to post on Facebook.
Seven recommended posting tips for Facebook Page Status Updates include:
- Use links with a recognizable URL, like “www.SeparatingEternity.com/blog” This give visitors a heads up of what they can expect.
- Posts with a question at the end have a 15% higher overall interaction rate and a 2X higher comment rate than those with a question asked in the middle of the post. So ask your questions at the end of your comment, not at the beginning.
- Ask fans to caption a picture. Posts that ask readers to “caption this” get 5.5X higher comment rates than average. Such posts also increase the overall interaction rate by more than 100%.
- “Fill in the blank” is another good option. Such posts garner 4X more comments than average.
- Use emoticons: Posts that contain emoticons receive 52% higher interaction rates. Posts that employ them have a 57% higher like rate,a 33% higher comment rate and 33% higher share rate.
- The best emoticons to use: “:D” and “:P.” Such emoticons have a 2.4X and 2X higher response rate, respectively than other emoticons.
- Use a call to action. Posts with commands like “Like,” “Caption This,” “Share,” “Yes or No” and “True or False” get interaction rates that are 48% higher than average.
These are some really short and simple recommendations for brands Facebook posting. Keep in mind that every brand, business and customers are different. Pay attention to what you post and who and how many people are interacting. There is a lot of science that goes into the act of posting Facebook updates for a page. Have you found what works for you? Share with us in the comments below.