Is It Time For You To Start Including Video For Your Tri-Cities Business?
During the last several years we have seen an increase in video for businesses, both small and large. While many may be on the fence about producing a professionally produced quality video, as opposed to a ‘homemade’ video, (and that’s an entirely different write up for another day) let’s talk about why you need a video for your small or large business.
6 Reasons Why Your Tri-Cities Business Needs Video:
1. Your clients want it. The majority of your clients/customers want to see it. All the stats that I find back this up , and the bottom line is, if you don’t do it, your competition will.
2. You can show more content in less time. It takes less time to show someone what you want them to see, rather than write it up, and ‘hope’ they read it, and get the message you are trying to convey. Keep in mind though… “45% of viewers will stop watching a video after 1 minute and 60% by 2 minutes. You don’t have a lot of time to make your point, so plan each second carefully. Every moment in your video should have a purpose.”
3. Your brand. Your image needs this. Video has the potential to grab at the heart of your customers, which is a place a simple write up blog post can’t even begin to touch. Video has the emotional capability to engage and capture your customers attention.
4. Website Quality. Adding video to your website will not only make your website stand out, it will actually rank your website better in search engines than those that don’t. … “pages with video are 53x more likely to rank on the first page of Google search results” says Forrester study. Especially if those videos are informational videos. Having this added bump in traffic will increase your website quality which in return gives you the authority you need for those pesky search engines.
5. Multipurpose use. Video can and will be shared across a variety of mediums, from your website, emails and all the various social media networks out there today. If you tell a great story using video, that story can quickly be shared to multiple people through a variety of online facets.
6. Show your human side. Letting your customers see that you are real, gives them a connection that can’t be faked. Being relatable in everything you do will allow for the emotional connection to engage with your customers, through your storytelling and creating memories for your current customers.
There are several best practices to keep in mind when you are in the process of including video for your Tri-Cities business. Two of which we have seen play a huge role in helping your video in search engine results page.
2 Reasons To Help Your Video in SERPs (Search Engine Results Page):
-Keep Your Video Short- Our recommendation is about 3 minutes (max), where video views typically falter after about 4min.
-Consider transcribing your script- This can and likely will help spiders crawl your content for relevance to the topic.
Including Video in your Tri-Cities Business is an important strategy for your business.
Your story being ‘shown’ to your customers through video is vital for your potential growth. The message that you bring will almost always grab the attention of your customers emotional connection which will humanize your brand to accurately reach your audience.
What do you think? Are you using video in your business? What results have you seen?
Share with us in the comments.